Progressive SUV design:
World premiere of T-ROC offers outlook on new SUV model series
T-ROC makes debut with removable roof halves and digital instruments
Powerful front-end design with LED headlights and integrated cameras
Ten important facts on the world premiere of the T-ROC:
1. The progressive design of the front end demonstrates a new approach to compact SUVs by the Volkswagen brand.
2. Cameras are at work at the front and rear, supported by LED spotlights in darkness.
3. The roof halves can be removed and stowed in the boot.
4. The T-ROC is powered by a 135 kW / 184 PS turbodiesel engine with 380 Nm of torque. The gearbox used here is a 7-speed DSG.
5. The fuel consumption of the 2.0 TDI is a low 4.9 l/100 km.
6. The concept has the latest version 4MOTION permanent all-wheel drive with a Haldex-5 coupling.
7. The T-ROC can be driven in three different driving modes: “Street”, “Offroad” and “Snow”.
8. Only digital instruments and digital climate controls are used in the T-ROC.
9. A portable tablet serves as the infotainment display.
10. The T-ROC design is based on the modular transverse matrix (MQB) platform. It is 4,179 mm long, 1,831 mm wide and 1,501 mm high.
Source VW Press Release